How to Find an Email for Cold Emailing – The Secret of Top Sales Teams
In this post, you’re going to learn how to find emails for cold emailing. Search for emails by address, by name, title, industry, location, and more.The secret to exactly how to find an email address by name, so rather than leading with a dreaded cold call, you can warm up the interaction ahead of time! Cold Calling has been around for a long time and it has a deservedly bad reputation. Ask 100 people what they think about cold calling and those 100 people will say…
“Cold Calling Sucks!”But, that’s not exactly the case with this new email outreach technology. Here’s one example of how to find the email address for someone by using the latest in search technology.
Does Cold Emailing Work?Sales legend Jill Konrath recently shared a cold email that got her attention… Most people will quickly scan through their email inbox in the morning looking for any important messages. I typically browse by sender name. Here is one she found from a name she did not recognize, so she checked the subject. Subject: cold prospecting ideas? A subject she was interested it, so she opened. A quick message followed: I learned about your consulting practice in an article I read on a sales website. I’m doing some research and would like to ask you two quick questions:
- As a sales consultant, have you ever heard of cold emailing as a prospecting technique?
- After you read (link to article), do you think this is a good prospecting technique?
Look for a pattern
Most businesses follow a pattern for all their email addresses. This means that, if you know the name of the person you’d like to reach, it’s fairly easy to guess their email address.
Most email addresses consist of a combination of the prospects’ name or initials. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
You can also use a tool such as the Email Permutator to list out all the possible combinations for a particular email address. Simply enter the first and last name of the prospect, as well the website’s domain, and the tool will generate every possible combination out there.
This will usually result in 30 or so different combinations, which you can then test out until you find the right one.
Use the contact form
If you can’t seem to find the right email address of the person you’d like to reach, but you have access to a general email address on their domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), shoot an email to that address and ask to be connected with the person you need to contact.
Those types of email addresses are often managed by support teams and VA’s, most of which will be happy to connect you with the right person.
Find the person on Twitter
Twitter is another great way to find someone’s email address.
People will often share their email address in their tweets. However, in order to avoid spam bots, they won’t list their entire address.
In most cases, they’ll replace the @ symbol in with “at”, and the dots with the actual word “dot”. You can take advantage of this by using Twitter’s advanced search.
Go to the advanced search section on Twitter and search for “email” and “at” in tweets from your target account.
You can also reach out to the person on Twitter and ask them for their email address. Most people will be happy to give it to you, assuming you have something legitimate to offer.
How to Find an Email Address by Name, Job Title, Location, Industry, or Business SizeLinkedIn is one of the best resources to find someone’s email address, almost every business professional has a profile these days, and with one search you can find them all. You Can Find Leads Segmented by:
- Job Title: I want only people who are VP of Marketing
- Location: I want only people in Phoenix
- Industry: I want only people in the Automotive industry
- Business Size: I want only people who work for a company with 50+ employees
How Well You Target Your Prospects!Sweet little Mary the secretary ain’t gonna buy your software (or even let your email through).. no matter how good your sales pitch is. You need to target the right person!
It Is The Quality Of The List You
Are Using And The Quality Of Your
Message That Really Determines Whether
Your Marketing Campaign Works… Or… Fails!
LeadFuze has developed a new piece of software to amplify your lead generation efforts…
Introducing Automated Outreach Emails to Your Prospect ListsImagine searching for your target market from within the app or on LinkedIn, adding the ideal prospects for your solution and the software immediately queuing up a personalized conversational outreach email to them the moment you click the “add” button? We’ve spent months researching, dissecting, and studying the best aspects and biggest shortfalls of today’s cold email prospecting and sending tools. During the design process we focused on designing something to make your life easier. And we kept circling back to three goals:
- Make it easy to find the (correct) contact info for your specific target market
- Make it easy to send one-to-one email outreach messages to your prospects
- Integrate them both together in the same app, so you can spend more time talking to real prospects who actually want to talk with you!
FIND YOUR IDEAL PROSPECTS
- Email Address and Phone Number
- Company, Domain, and Job Title
- Social Media Profiles
- Create a series of emails that go out automatically
- Split test emails
- CAN-SPAM compliant
- Bounces are automatically detected so you’ll get credit back into your account for prospecting
- Open rates, click-throughs, responses tracked for each email individually
- Split test emails in your sequence to optimize performance
- Sales managers get free “Report” access without needing to pay for a license!
Other Key Improvements:
- NEW User Interface – Sleek dashboard making it easy to use
- Email Sending (directly in app) – Connect your gmail and send mass one-to-one emails
- Advanced Reporting – Prospects added, email open rates, responses generated, etc.